Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eagle Mountain 6-22-11

Took repeat customer Dwight and his buddy Tommy out for my farewell trip to Texas.  My family and I are moving this weekend back to Oklahoma to be closer to family.  I will begin guiding there as soon as I feel comfortable about putting fish in the boat.
I picked them up from West Bay at 6:00am and they asked the itinerary.  I laughed and I told them the first stop we would catch small fish and at 9:15 we would pull up and head to a deep hump and at 9:30 the fish would be on top for about 30 minutes and then would head to a hump and we'd slab them from there.  After that died off we'd go to Auggie's and have a burger until 12:15 and then head to a flat and the fish would come up there at about 12:30.  We'd fish those until it got to hot or they scattered and went down.
  Well...normally this would be a fish story and we all know how those go...but this itinerary was dead on and we even had a boat show of buddies around to enjoy it with.  Actually had once old man throw a rope and hook on my boat and ask for me to keep his butt on fish...what a guy!
 
The other guy was confused on whether to chase little catfish or play with the sandies, so he went and fed the catfish and then came over to play.

 And Dwight actually managed to snag to channels this size and hooked one in the mouth...skill!!!  I didn't get a picture, but Tommy not to be outdone caught a mussel shell.

Except for out Auggie's and 12:30 appointment (they were to scared of the heat).
Thank you to all that have helped me in my venture of guiding and all the good friends I have met here in Texas.  It truly has been a fun six years and I hope some of you will look me up if you head north.  I will be fishing Oologah and Skiatook lakes mainly. 
Dwight, thank you for all the trips and I look forward to showing you how to catch some in Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment