Monday, May 17, 2010

Eagle Mountain 5/16

Had first time guest Kevin and his two son's for a teaching trip this morning.  I picked them up at 6:30 on a beautiful morning on Eagle Mountain.  This weekend was some awesome weather that I did not expect by the recent thunderstorm forecast. 
Decided to head to the shallows where I caught fish the morning before and wait for them to get active while I showed them techniques and how to tie knots.  It wasn't a few minutes later the water started boiling and it was game time.  The boys had a blast reeling in two at at time.  We played with those fish for about an hour until the boat traffic got crazy chasing the birds, so we headed to some other areas to continue our learning process.  We decided to focus on some deeper bites to learn how they look on the electronics and how the bite is a little different.  They caught another 40 or so and decided to call it a morning at about 11:00.  Had a great time with this group of guys and look forward to fishing with them again sometime. Thanks Kevin

I forgot to take pics today, maybe Kevin will send me one.

No comments:

Post a Comment